Optimal Defense | Broad Spectrum SPF 43
Provide highly effective, broad spectrum protection for the outdoor enthusiast. Defends against broad spectrum UVA/UVB rays. Restricts the appearance of sun-inflicted DNA damage. Provides hyper antioxidant defense. Water-resistant [80 minutes]
All skin types, particularly those active in sport for optimal face and body protection.
WHAT IT’S FORMULATED TO DO
- Breakthrough DNA repair technology mobilizes high performance activities to reduce visible signs of aging and the burning from UVA and UVB rays, while light-activated enzymes help minimize the tell-tale signs of photodamage.
- Restricts the appearance of sun-inflicted DNA damage.
- Provides hyper antioxidant defense.
Medium-weight oil-free cream
- It is known that the photolyase plus sunscreen was superior to sunscreen alone. In conclusion, the addition of photolyase to a traditional sunscreen contributes significantly to the prevention of UVR induced DNA damage and cell death when applied topically to human skin.
- Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 9.0%.
- Endosomes. A liposome encapsulated extract from the marine microbe, Micrococcus Lysate. Extremely UV resistant, the extract contains the enzyme UVendonuclease which improves the appearance of sun-damaged skin.
- L’ergothioneine. An intense antioxidant that powerfully fights oxidative damage.
- Photolysomes. The liposome encapsulated DNA repair enzyme, photolyase derived from plankton, is hyper-efficient and unique in its ability to reduce the visible signs of UV-induced insults.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate [Vitamin C]. An effective free radical-scavenging antioxidant.
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 9.0%.
Inactive Ingredients: Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ergothioneine, Ethyl Hexyl Isononanoate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polymethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lecithin, Micrococcus Lysate, Phenoxyethanol, Plankton Extract, Purified Water, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.
Apply liberally every morning to face and body 15 minutes before sun exposure. Re-apply at least every 2 hours or after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating.
WARNINGS: For external use only. Avoid direct contact with the eyes. Stop use and seek medical attention if rash or irritation develops. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, contact a Poison Control Center immediately or seek medical help right away.
I have been using Neova sunscreen for my face for 2 decades. I credit it for the many compliments I receive on the condition of my facial skin. I can't say enough about it. I have used the tinted version, but recently found the untinted version, which I prefer because I now live in a very humid climate, and the tint can sometimes leach onto my clothes. Both products are fantastic!
Active sunscreen is very pleasant to use, however it seems to me that when I received it the tube was not as full of product as it should have been.
I love the sunscreen it feels really smooth on the skin and sometimes I mix a little foundation with it to give it a little color and then it is more like a tinted sunscreen.
I love this product. Our climate is very sunny, and I use it as my daily sunscreen. It absorbs well into my skin, and never leaves a chalky residue. It doesn’t have a heavy feel, which I Love.
I purchased this product after reading about it in Allure Magazine around 3 years ago. I am hooked and love it! It does a fantastic job protecting my skin from the sun and also adds some moisture without being oily.